I found this is a recipe I have been wanting to try to make for a long time, and finally made it today! Here is he recipe and picture!
Here is where I got this great recipe~
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
1 cup Organic, raw shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond oil
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing.*
3, Place oil mixture in freezer or outside to chill.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify (see photo) then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
4. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
*Not all essential oils are skin friendly or child friendly. Please do your research before adding.
1. You can use what ever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.
2. The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. About 20 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick for this batch. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing.
3. Since this recipe does not contain any water, it will not mould. You should keep in a cool place but it does not have to be refrigerated.
4. I do not know the exact shelf life but I know it will keep at least a few months, plus.
5. The body butter melts as it goes on and gets a little oily but absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves your skin very soft.
Melting in the double boiler~
Almond oil and Essential Oils~
Out of the freezer~
Starting to blend~
Soft silky substance~
In the jar~
Try it sometime!
Posted via DraftCraft app